The Williams Lab uses a synthetic biology philosophy to reprogram the chemistry of life. One major area of focus is the creation of artificial cell factories for the synthesis of non-natural drug-like molecules. We are also interested in using the power of organic chemistry to probe, interrogate, and manipulate biological processes. Please take some time to read about our research in more detail and to meet our group members.
- Zhixia’s Chem Biol is now online and is also highlighted by the NC State press!
- Steve’s riboswitch paper is accepted for publication in ChemBioChem!
- Matthew Draelos wins an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship!
- Zhixia Ye passed her final PhD defense, congratulations to her!
- Congratulations to Irina Koryakina for passing her final defense today! I’m sure this will be the first of many more to follow!
- Zhixia’s manuscript is accepted for publication in Chemistry & Biology! Congrats to her and a big thanks to our collaborators Tilmann and Ewa!
‘Like’ our Facebook page here!