The Williams Lab uses a synthetic biology philosophy to reprogram the chemistry of life. One major area of focus is the creation of artificial cell factories for the synthesis of non-natural drug-like molecules. We are also interested in using the power of organic chemistry to probe, interrogate, and manipulate biological processes. Please take some time to read about our research in more detail and to meet our group members.
- Sean Lund won the Miles F. Anderson Award for Excellence in Teaching!
- Phung passed her Masters final defense, congratulations!
- Irina Koryakina won the Percy L. Julian Award for Excellence in Research at the 2014 Graduation Presentation Ceremony!
- Zhixia’s Chem Biol is now online and is also highlighted by the NC State press!
- Steve’s riboswitch paper is accepted for publication in ChemBioChem!
- Matthew Draelos wins an NSF Graduate Research Fellowship!
- Zhixia Ye passed her final PhD defense, congratulations to her!
‘Like’ our Facebook page here!